If you made less than $54,884 in 2018, you can get free help filing your taxes at sites around Spokane including Spokane Public Library, Downtown.
From February 1st to April 15th, if you are a low to moderate income wage earner you may qualify to have your taxes done for free. Spokane Public Library (Downtown) is one of Spokane County’s Tax Sites, which are sponsored by a community coalition under Spokane County United Way’s leadership.
For appointments call 509.353.4851.
For more information and additional tax-aide locations please visit Free Tax Preparation.
Please note, this is a service sponsored by Spokane County United Way. Spokane Public Library employees will not be able to answer your tax questions, so please direct all inquiries to the number above.
By Appointment Only
Tax prep help at Spokane Public Library, Downtown is by appointment only:
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 10am-2pm
- Thursdays, 2pm-5pm.
To schedule an appointment call 509.353.4851. This number is for all tax-aide locations, so please specify that you want your appointment at the Downtown Library.
What to bring
- Last year’s tax return
- Valid PICTURE identification
- All income statements, such as 2016 W-2s, 1098, 1099 forms for you and spouse.
- Social security card for each family member and working adult.
- Any forms 1095 – proof of health insurance.
- Proof of other income for you or spouse.
- Form 1098T and education expenses for students.
- Childcare provider name, address and tax ID.
- Property tax information, if homeowner.
- Bank routing and account numbers for checking or savings account.