Examination proctoring is available at all library locations.
In offering this service we need to balance the needs of the students and the institutions with which they may be working, as well as the needs of other library customers. We can usually meet all of the requirements for proctoring but we do have some limitations.
Microsoft Office Specialist examinations are available at the Downtown Library.
How to arrange a proctored exam
Please email us through the website with a brief description testing requirements.
We will provide:
- Staff members who are authorized to provide proctoring
- Space for test taking – however, there may not be a separate quiet area available
- The ability to mail or fax a completed examination (scanning of exams for e-mailing as an attachment is available only at the Downtown Library)
- The ability to complete most on-line testing (online testing may be more easily accommodated at the Downtown Library than at the branch libraries)
The student will:
- Contact the library to make arrangements with the designated staff member
- Verify with library staff that the requirements of the institution giving the examination can be met
- Verify that the physical environment at the library meets test-taking needs
- Arrange for an accessible computer if needed
- Provide an appropriately sized, addressed envelope with required postage to return examination to the institution
- Or, provide a FAX number and/or email contact for alternate means of returning the exam (with some exceptions, we will not retain the original examination)